Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Quiet Moments...

"Gratitude turns what we have into enough."


Enough...what is enough? Websters defines it as: occurring in such quantity, quality, or scope as to fully meet demands, needs, or expectations. Do I feel that I have enough? What if I wasn't focused on the things, the end tables I want, the wicker baskets I want, the picture frames I want, and more on the gratefulness and contentment for what I already have. I have a wonderful couch and recliner, I have wonderful books that I can read, and fluffy blankets to keep me warm while I read all my books, I have a red tea kettle that whistles nicely when ready, and then an insulated tea pot to keep my tea hot once out of the kettle. I have so much to be thankful for. When I begin to focus on what I have, and what has been given to me, the things I want begin to fade into the distance ever so slightly. And the more I focus and am grateful for what is, I think less and less of the things that are not. I am grateful for clean floors, I am grateful for mulling spices that make my house smell warm and welcoming, I am grateful for clocks hung on walls and ticking, and for pictures displayed in already bought picture frames. 

Thank You Jesus for Your gentle reminders to stop and be thankful. To stop and focus on the joys in life, the moments that fill up each day, to cherish. Thank You for quiet moments of reflection, to read Your Word, pray, be still and to know that You are God.


3 comments:

  1. Hey girlie, just wanted to tell you what an encouragement these last couple posts have been to me as I sat and reread them tonight. Thanks for your transparency with what you're learning and what God's doing. =) ~Mel~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful for you living your life to His glory and for your thoughtful words. Hoping that one day soon we can share a cup of tea from that insulated teapot! Love and hugs and Happy New Year to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your posts! Love YOU! Happy New Year ~ to one of my very favorite people!! ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete