Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Perspective

5-Minute Friday with The Gypsy Mama

Perspective. That word brings so many thoughts popping into my mind I don't even know where to start. But here it goes...

Go.

The beauty of the dancer up on stage, gracefully moving and gliding through her routine. Though she will critique her pointed toes and her pirouettes, most in the audience will see beauty and grace and look no farther.

The brightness of the sunshine with clear blue skies is a wonderful thing, until you have visited the eye doctor and your pupils are dilated. The sunshine turns from a place of smiles and laughter into something you want to be as far away from as possible.

The cross. Death, sin, dirt and grime are all found here. Beauty, grace, love and forgiveness are all found here. The beauty is found in the breakdown of the two sides coming together as one. In the midst of my sins, my dirt, and the death I deserve I find Jesus offering forgiveness, offering to cover my dirt with His purity, my imperfections with His perfections. He is a great God. A God who sees it all and still chooses to wipe my life white as snow.  What a wonderful God.

Stop.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog so much because there's something that strikes me about every post! It was a great idea to call attention to the truth that one's perspective can change based on one's circumstances. The doctor's visit is a crisp illustration of that. Keep rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder that God's perspective of our sin after the cleansing of the cross is the one that really matters.

    ReplyDelete