Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Psalm 130 {SheSharesTruth}

SheSharesTruth
"Out of the depths I cry to you, Lord; Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy. If you, Lord, kept a record of sins, Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, so that we can, with reverence, serve you. I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope. I wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. Israel, put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and with him is full redemption. He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins."

These words...they are conflicting. They break my heart and they heal my heart. There is depth and truth, there is pain and sadness, there is hope and forgiveness, there is waiting and there is moving. Waiting on the Lord yet moving towards Him in the waiting. Waiting is not stagnant, or does not have to be. As we wait on the Lord, might we move towards Him in faith and in trust, serving Him in reverence. Clinging to His promise that we are His beloved, that we are loved, that we are valued and treasured, that we are His. When we find ourselves in "the depths" and as we cry out to our Lord, our Savior, our Abba. May we wait for Him with great expectation, "more than watchmen wait for the morning". May we rest in His truths. May we breathe Him in, allowing Him to be our Lord who is Life, Jehovah.

No comments:

Post a Comment